Date & Time:
Tuesday, 2nd March – Tuesday, 23rd March
Your Place via Zoom,
From WES Studio
We have designed this course as a practical introduction to wine and wine tasting. We don’t assume that you have any particular knowledge of wine, only that you have an interest in it.
The course will consist of 4 sessions on consecutive weekday evenings. Sessions will start promptly at 7pm London time and last an hour or so.
3 wines made from classic grape varieties will be featured and tasted at each session. The presenter will give a profile of each variety – where it is grown, the styles of wine it is used to make, the aroma and flavour characteristics of the wines and classic food pairings. Participants will be encouraged to share their impressions of each wine tasted.
Sessions will be presented using Zoom. To join in, you will need access to the internet via a tablet, laptop or desk-top computer, preferably with a camera.
We will be making a participation charge of £50 per household.
You will also need to buy a case of 12 bottles at a cost of around £130, inclusive of delivery. Subject to availability, the 12 bottles will be:-
- Zephyr 6 Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, 2020
- Spring Riesling, Mac Forbes, 2019
- The Society’s Pinot Grigio, The Wine Society, 2020
- Mâcon Aux Bois d’Allier, Domaine Cordier, 2019
- Stellenbosch Original Chenin Blanc, Raats, 2019
- Coteaux de l’Ardèche, ‘Grès du Trias’, Viognier, Vignerons Ardéchois, 2019
- Kumeu Village Hand Havested Pinot Noir, Michael Brajkovich, 2019
- Casablanca, Corte Ignacio Merlot, Concha y Toro. 2017
- Rioja Crianza, Urbina, 2011
- Salvaje del Moncayo Garnacha, Raul Acha, 2018
- Carrascal Mendoza Cabernet Sauvignon, Weinert, 2017
- Collines Rhodaniennes, Syrah, Ferraton, 2018
The total cost per household will therefore be around £45 a session or £22.50 a head for two sharing, You will also have plenty of good wine left to taste again in the evenings following each session.
Sessions will be recorded and so, if you miss a session for any reason, you will be able to catch up at a later date.
Bookings are closed for this event.